COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: This Competition is open only to those who sign up at via our Competition URL. Employees of ScopeIT Education, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of ScopeIT Education as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Competition.
3. Competition Period: Entries will be accepted online starting Monday, 17th October 2022, 1200am AEST and ending Sunday, 13th November 2022, 1200pm AEST.
4. How to Enter: The Competition must be entered by the following method: Submit an entry using the online form provided at the Competition URL. Entries that are incomplete, inappropriate or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of ScopeIT Education. Essential: Entries are limited to a maximum of 2 per person.
5. Prizes: The Grand Prize Winner of the Competition (the “Winner”) will receive a choice of either an Apple iPad, a Virtual Reality Kit Meta Quest 2 or a DJ Mini SE Drone or similar at the discretion of ScopeIT Education, depending on the location of the winner. The First Prize Winners (one from each group category) will receive a $250 cash prize. ScopeIT Education shall solely determine the specifics of the prize. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted for the Grand Prize Winner. The prize is non-transferable. Any prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all country, federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for ScopeIT Education to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: A judging panel will select the winner based on the following: Robot Theme, creativity, uniqueness and playability.
ScopeIT Education shall have no liability for the Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by the Winner of the prize offered in this Competition is conditioned upon compliance with any and all country, federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER (AT SCOPEIT EDUCATION‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE COMPETITION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that ScopeIT Education, anyone acting on behalf of ScopeIT Education, and ScopeIT Education’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, image, statements about the Competition, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. Without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of ScopeIT Education. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute ian nfringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless ScopeIT Education from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense,which ScopeIT Education may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: ScopeIT Education reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond ScopeIT Education’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Competition. In such case, ScopeIT Education may select the Winner from all eligible entries received before and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by ScopeIT Education. ScopeIT Education reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. ScopeIT Education has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, ScopeIT Education reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless ScopeIT Education and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Competition and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Competition IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF AUSTRALIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Competition, the participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New South Wales having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than the participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Competition). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. The Competition hosted by ScopeIT Education is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Mailchimp.